The important Stonewall campaign kicks off today (Friday 22 November) and runs through to Sunday 8 December.
You can visit stonewall.org.uk/rainbowlaces for your free pair of rainbow laces and fundraising pack, which has everything you need to inspire and energise your community.
Rainbow Laces has helped foster positive attitudes towards LGBT people in sport and persuaded allies to play their part.
The Football Association of Wales and the JD Cymru Premier will continue to support this imperative initiative, with the JD Cymru Premier Rainbow Laces action weekend taking place from Friday 29th November.
Many LGBT people live and breathe sport, however, according to Stonewall research, four in ten LGBT people (43 per cent) think public sporting events aren’t welcoming for them.
Whether we're cheering or competing, we are all at our best when we feel part of the team and we can all lead the way by doing little things to be more inclusive, to make sport everyone’s game.
Sport has an amazing power to bring people together. Following and taking part can give us community, energy and a sense of belonging.
Stonewall is encouraging people to:
- Step up and play your part, others will follow.
- Challenge anti-LGBT language. Celebrate LGBT people in sport. Share your story.
- Wear your Rainbow Laces and show you care.
- Play your part, bring Rainbow Laces into your community and Come Out Active during this year’s campaign.
- Do something active while wearing your rainbow laces, raise vital funds for Stonewall and tell everyone why you support LGBT equality in sport.