TEAM OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
- Reports to: Head of International Affairs
- Salary: Competitive (plus benefits package)
- Hours of Work: 35 hours per week as required to fulfil role
- Contractual Status: 24-month Fixed Term Contract
The Football Association of Wales (FAW) is seeking to appoint a Team Operations Executive on a fixed term appointment. The FAW is the governing body of football in Wales and is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, including the Welsh Premier League and all International squads.
To assist the Head of International Affairs with the day-to-day management of the FAW National Squads in accordance with the FAW’s agreed business plan.
The position is a fixed term appointment for 24 months and to ensure regular availability the post holder should be resident in the United Kingdom. Extensive international travel is required although the position is also based from the Cardiff head office. The post holder must be willing to work unsociable hours, weekends, domestically and internationally.
- To travel overseas and in the UK with National squads
- Liaise with Team Coaches regarding player & staff itineraries
- Liaise with Players & Staff as to arrangements for individual events and tournaments
- To undertake site visits when required
- To ensure that all procedures comply with both FIFA and UEFA competition regulations
- To make all transport and accommodation arrangements for the matches both in UK and for international travel
- To work within the budgetary requirements for each individual event
- To ensure that all match fees and travel expenses are correctly administered
- To act as Welfare Officer for players away from home
- Travel to UEFA draws and subsequent organisational meetings
- To undertake any other duties as instructed by the Head of International Dept.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to degree level or similar professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Professional experiences in event management, planning or logistics (advantageous).
- Extremely organised and the ability to manage large groups of people essential.
- Personable, approachable and humble.
- Ability to work independently, calm in high stress situations, for long periods.
- The ability to work outside of normal working hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic and international football in Wales.
- The ability to speak Welsh (advantageous).
- The ability to speak a European language (advantageous).
The FAW integrates equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business including appointments. The principles of fair and open competition will apply and appointments will be made on merit.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, 18thJanuary 2019
- Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Applications must be supported by a letter detailing why the applicant believes they are a suitable candidate for the post and be accompanied with a current Curriculum Vitae.
- Details of current employment and remuneration should be included.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com marking the subject of the email: “Team Operations Executive LPA”.
- All interviews will be held at the FAW Offices, Cardiff.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and two professional / personal references, to the satisfaction of the FAW.